Big penstock are exposed to high forces. The high stability and reliability of the XL4 are guarantor for a trouble-free and satefy operation of your plant.
Due to the pre-stressed sealing gives the XL4 semircicular an extraordinary sealing performance in on-seating conditions as well as in off-seating conditions. The light, but warp resistant plate and the frame, which is used as sealing surface gives the XL4 this outstanding sealing performance. The sealing is located on the plate. A necessary change of the sealing is anytime possible by pulling out the plate.
Because of its enormus sizes big penstock are not transportable in a whole. That´s why we deliver the XL4 bigger than 1800mm in two parts (upper frame part with spindel and bottom part with plate).
The XL4 is available in every intermediate size up to 4000 x 4000mm. The XL4 is also available in a three sealed version and as lowering type.
- Size: 100 x 100 mm up to 4000 x 4000 mm
- For round or rectangular openings for dowelling to the wall or embedding in conrete.
- Very good sealing performance due to using the frame from stainless steel as sealing surface.
- Stable good sealing performance irrespectable of water level.
- Standard up to 0,6 bar.
- Otional for higher pressure rates.
- Sealing anytime changeable by pulling out the plate.
- Wastewater-resistant sealing material.
- All sealings already mounted ex works.
- Quick and easy installation with a few dowels.
- No additional adjustment work necessary on site.
- Self-cleaning stem nut.
- Durable operational reliability.
- High process safety due to an outstanding sealing performance.
- Maximun corrosion protection due to stainless steel material, all acid cleaned and passivated.
Areas of application
- Municipality or industrial service water and sewage treatment plants
- Chemical industry
- Rain storage reservoirs
- Flood protection
- Power plants
- For strictly environmental constraints
- Frame: stainless steel SS304 or 316Ti
- Plate: stainless steel SS304 or 316Ti
- Sealing: EPDM, wastewater-resistant or NBR
- Spindle: stainless steel SS304 or 316Ti
- Stem nut: GC-CuSn 12, seawater-resistant bronze
- Anchor bolts: stainless steel SS316Ti
Other materials available on request.